SOCIAL WORK IN HOSPITALS
We deliver Social Work and discharge planning services to over a dozen hospitals and sub-acute facilities, both public and private.
Our Social Workers work within multidisciplinary teams to optimise safe and ethical discharges. They have extensive experience in public and private health, and through their targeted interventions and the mobilisation of services and supports, they aim to:
- Enhance patient wellbeing
- Improve patient experience
- Mediate outcomes with patient families
- Achieve positive discharge outcomes
- Reduce the incidences of long lengths of stay
Our Social Workers:
- Provide vital input into discharge planning and coordination, and are skilled at connecting patients to services and supports post-discharge, such as in-home care, the National Disability Insurance Scheme, TAC, and residential aged care.
- Deliver empathetic and responsive counselling, helping patients to adjust to illness and diagnoses of health conditions, as well as helping patients and families plan and prepare for palliation.
- Provide crisis intervention and advocacy, including supporting hospitals and patients through VCAT processes.